IRONMAN Boulder 2014

IRONMAN Boulder 2014
IRONMAN Boulder 2014 - Photo Courtesy of Nils Nilsen @N2PhotoServices
former professional couch potato and dorito eater with no fitness background to 4 x IRONMAN triathlete. blogging so you can be inspired to be active in your life! there's no 'can't' - just think of when you will take that first step!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

#RockYourHealth!

I am officially on my taper down to IRONMAN Boulder 2015! That means that the overall volume is dropping, as well as the intensity. So, going easy for an entire run with no hard efforts in the middle will be fun. Thanks to Humana, one of those final, easy, long runs will be 13.1 miles this Sunday at the Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon. I would love for you to give me a shout out during the race through Humana's Cheer Squad here. It'll be really cool to read your messages in the final few miles to help me celebrate!

I'm really inspired to know that Humana will have over 100 associates participating by running or volunteering on race day. Companies that encourage and rally up folks to do, or be around, healthy activities helps continue to promote active lifestyles. And, with the growing obesity issue - some would argue it's a crisis - in America, we can never do too much in that effort! Humana actually has a goal to see a 20 percent improvement in the health of the communities they serve by 2020! That's an amazing goal and I want to continue inspiring others to become active as my contribution to their efforts!

Because I didn't become active until 2007, which was when I started running, I know what it's like to be really "fat in the head." I like to be an inspiration to folks that can easily get stuck in that rut of just wanting to stay home, veg on the couch and have a bag of chips because they "just don't wanna!" I was able to set my eyes on a goal and turn a really slow run/walk into a marathon, which turned into not being able to swim into becoming an IRONMAN triathlete. So, really, ANYone can do whatever they set out to do with fitness, especially if I did it without ANY athletic background! In fact, I am excited to have played a small role in inspiring family members to become more active and a few of them will be participating in the 10k on Sunday!
This is a reminder that ANY small change is a step in the right direction where you can #RockYourHealth. Make one, small change and set your eyes on a fitness goal. Share that change, as well as your goal, with others. BRAG ABOUT IT! Then, watch it go viral! Go ahead and share in the comments what you are going to change and/or what your goals are - don't be shy!!!

If you need tips, motivation, encouragement, wake up calls etc, I'm here for ya!

Thanks in advance for the motivational words and thanks again to Humana for this awesome opportunity! #RockYourHealth!
This post is sponsored by FitFluential on behalf of Humana.