IRONMAN Boulder 2014

IRONMAN Boulder 2014
IRONMAN Boulder 2014 - Photo Courtesy of Nils Nilsen @N2PhotoServices
former professional couch potato and dorito eater with no fitness background to 2 x IRONMAN triathlete. blogging about all things training so you can be inspired to be active in your life! there's no 'can't' - just think of when you will take that first step!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

PRO COMPRESSION Review

My neon green #PROCompression sleeves with my #NewtonRunning shoes while on the treadmill at The Running Institute.

PROCompression is popularly known for their compression socks and calf sleeves. And, there are lots out there! So, when I was asked to try out (and maybe review) a pair of their recovery socks or calf sleeves, I figured there wasn't much to lose!





History has proven that compression socks, no matter what brand, just make my toes become more intimate with each other and that's no bueno when it comes to my running comfort! Therefore, I decided on the calf sleeves because I run with injinji toe socks to help fend off the formation of blisters between my long toes.




I chose neon green because it matches our #TriTeamForGood kit. Good reason, right? Right! When I received them, I thought, "Great...I ordered too small!" But, then I checked the sizing on the site and I was just right for my 16.5" calf size. So, then I thought, "Oh no! I'm going to lost circulation once I put these on!" Ok, I really didn't think that...




Honestly, they appeared pretty simple and, therefore, I didn't have any expectations that I would really feel much of a difference once I put them on. BOY, WAS I WRONG!




I pulled those bad boys up and was pleasantly surprised by two things:


  1. They were LONG. I have long legs so I was glad to see and feel that they covered the majority of my leg below the knee.
  2. They were TIGHT!
Having length, for me, is great because I like to feel "supported" down to as much of my Achilles possible. And, the fact that they were TIGHT was even better! Even after two washes (only AIR drying!), they haven't lost their strength whatsoever!



Now, the latest I have read is that there is no real scientific proof that compression helps during exercise but there has been proof that it can help during recovery - I am ENTIRELY open to any research or links to other articles saying the contrary to either in the comments below!




Nonetheless, I like the way they feel and feel that my runs have been stronger since using them. Is it all in my head? Possibly! But, if that tight, secure feeling is providing me with mental confidence that I can do it, I'm ALL about it!




So, do I recommend them? I absolutely do! And, you can use code RAYNFOREST for 40% off at PROCompression.com. For that deep of a discount, if you don't like them, you're not out much!




Do let me know how they work for you if you get them!




ENJOY!





**DISCLAIMER: I was provided a free pair of calf sleeves as part of my relationship with Raynforest to provide this review.**