IRONMAN Boulder 2014

IRONMAN Boulder 2014
IRONMAN Boulder 2014 - Photo Courtesy of Nils Nilsen @N2PhotoServices
former professional couch potato and dorito eater with no fitness background to 4 x IRONMAN triathlete. blogging so you can be inspired to be active in your life! there's no 'can't' - just think of when you will take that first step!

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Sponsor A Mile!



Being on the IRONMAN Foundation - Newton Running Ambassador Triathlon Team for the second year in a row is such an honor! Details about the team can be found in a post from a few weeks ago here.

My training for, and "racing" at, IRONMAN Kansas 70.3 and IRONMAN Boulder 140.6 goes beyond staying active in my life - I'm actually giving back to the communities through community service projects that we will do as a team and through my fundraising efforts.

For the latter, I've broken up the full 140.6 miles of IRONMAN Boulder into pieces. Simply click on one of the blocks of miles that you'd like to sponsor me for via a TAX DEDUCTIBLE DONATION and I'll place your name next to it in the list on the right side of this blog - just let me know in your message which block you're sponsoring (sorry, it's not automatic!).


Even more special is that I'll have this list with me on race day to help get me through those tough spots, knowing that you're cheering me on, especially during the miles you sponsored!

Thanks in advance for your tax-deductible donation!

**please refer to the right column for the most up-to-date list of folks' donations and the miles they're sponsoring**


BIKE FINAL 2 & T2: $50
  • Kathy Irwin Van Essen: $25
  • Ruby & Tony Aquino: $25

RUN MILE 21 - 25: $80
  • Erica & Neal Agran: $50
  • John Branham: $25
  • ???: $5

RUN FINAL 1.2 & FINISH: $106
  • Jon Weber: $25
  • Robin Monsky: $25
  • ???: $56