IRONMAN Boulder 2014

IRONMAN Boulder 2014
IRONMAN Boulder 2014 - Photo Courtesy of Nils Nilsen @N2PhotoServices
former professional couch potato and dorito eater with no fitness background to 4 x IRONMAN triathlete. blogging so you can be inspired to be active in your life! there's no 'can't' - just think of when you will take that first step!

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Supplementing an Expensive Hobby... ** 2014 NEW YEAR GIVEAWAY!!! **

Image

So, about a month ago, I started meeting new people by giving them rides to their destinations. I use apps called LYFT & UBER to meet these folks.

It's been a great way to meet new people, learn about their careers, tell them about mine and to learn my way around Chicago even better! The LYFT and UBER apps allow these folks to reimburse me for the cost of my time, gas, and wear and tear on my car getting them SAFELY to their destinations. So, aside from meeting and making contacts with great, new people, I'm able to support my new and expensive "triathlon hobby" via those reimbursements!

There are many others just like me out there, with their own reasons for driving folks to their destinations. You can meet them by downloading the LYFT and UBER apps on your iPhone or Android device to see what I'm talking about.

Oh, put these codes into the payment and/or promotion sections to get $10 toward your first requests: XJCNSS for LYFT and uber10chicago for UBER. **the codes only work if they're entered before you request your first ride**

Finally, you could be lucky and receive the pair of UBER "touchscreen gloves" pictured here. There are several ways that you can enter this giveaway here: http://bit.ly/18WHU9O. Be sure to enter by 6PM CST on New Year's Day!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!