IRONMAN Boulder 2014

IRONMAN Boulder 2014
IRONMAN Boulder 2014 - Photo Courtesy of Nils Nilsen @N2PhotoServices
former professional couch potato and dorito eater with no fitness background to 2 x IRONMAN triathlete. blogging about all things training so you can be inspired to be active in your life! there's no 'can't' - just think of when you will take that first step!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BONK!

so...i'm nervous...is it something medically wrong with me? did my parents give it to me? am i just stressed out and it's carrying over to my training? or, is it nutrition? is it hydration? is it high blood pressure?

WHAT THE F*CK IS IT?!?

i was planning on doing my usual tuesday intensity ride this evening...but, i got to the first SE interval after my warmup and started feeling really dizzy...flush...as if i was in REAL trouble when i was a kid...i got cold... 

i made it through...then, i had my 1 minute recovery...we'll see how round 2 goes...not any better...

i called it and surrendered so i didn't pass out on the bike. i only got 29 mins in. i still feel funky/weak.

the immediate email that went out to my coach was what happened... how i think it might be from my stress... but how i also wonder if it has something to do with genetics or the high measurement in my blood pressure when i've seen my doctor in the past few months.

i am going to get something on the books... maybe a stress test... blood test... SOMEthing! 

i hope i'm not sidelined... i'm pissed and scared at the same time!