IRONMAN Boulder 2014

IRONMAN Boulder 2014
IRONMAN Boulder 2014 - Photo Courtesy of Nils Nilsen @N2PhotoServices
former professional couch potato and dorito eater with no fitness background to 2 x IRONMAN triathlete. blogging about all things training so you can be inspired to be active in your life! there's no 'can't' - just think of when you will take that first step!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Kick from the hips...

Extracted from my note to my coach:
----
I was able to do the first full 25 meters with minimal panic and didn't have to stop.


I went into this swim thinking that I was going to consciously think of a minimal kick "within the box" and from the hips.


I think focusing on that helped me through the first 25.


I started to think about breathing and other stuff and had a harder time not stopping once to quickly catch my breath for most of the subsequent 25 meter laps I attempted.


I was able to do 2 more, not back to back, 25 meter lengths...but they weren't super comfortable and required fight especially toward the end of each as I would begin to panic.


It's definitely difficult!!!
----


FIGHT, KEN! FIGHT!!!